The Top 10
AS STUDENTS AT AN IVY LEAGUE INSTITUTION, we’ve come to expect the best in almost all areas of our college life. We have the best professors, the best facilities, and an endowment that rivals the treasuries of third world countries. Of course, we can’t control the weather and our sports teams (hockey excluded) may leave something to be desired, but in general, Cornell holds itself to a standard of nothing less than excellence. There is one area, however, where we lag behind our peers at comprable institutions, and that is in our daily newspaper. The shabby quality of the publication, ITS PAGES FILLED WITH AP AND U-WIRE STORIES and SUPERFICIAL COVERAGE OF IMPORTANT CAMPUS ISSUES, leaves more than a little to be desired. We here at TL wish that The Sun would pull itself up to the same standard of excellence that we see elsewhere across the Cornell campus, but as long as the it continues on its current course, here are...
The Top 10 Reasons We'd Rather Use the Sun for Toilet Paper
- 10. The Sun has already managed to flush any real political discourse, we might as well throw in the rest of the paper.
- 9. Fraud at the Student Assembly would finally get the coverage it deserves. Maybe that’ll make SA corruption ‘newsworthy’.
- 8. Consider it our own, personal counter-protest.
- 7. We recycle.
- 6. It’s about time someone used The Sun for something other than the crossword.
- 5. It’s the only time The Sun will ever get to make a splash on campus.
- 4. Because Turn Left kicks ass, but someone has to wipe it.
- 3. Trillium always runs out of the Review.
- 2. It’s thicker than The American.
- 1. The Sun is already full of crap, why not add more?